Just a "first post" about the reason why I'm starting this blog thingy. Basically, I need some incentive to do more stuff in my free time, which I now waste on just aimlessly browsing/reading. By having a blog, I think I can accomplish some things that have been on my list for a very long time. After all, if my blog is inactive then that would mean that I'm not doing cool stuff.
A non-exhaustive list of that computer science bucket list:
- Actually finishing some coursera courses I once started.
- Compiler course: Finally write my own compiler.
- Discrete Optimization: Algorithms & Datastructures >3.
- Text Retrieval...: Create my own search engine.
- Crypto: Don't remember why I stopped with Boneh's course.
- Create some minimal rip-offs of interesting tools to get a feel for how they work (like fagrant).
- Make writeups for CTF challenges.
Yup, let's start with that.
- Famous last words? -
On a sidenote: I was mildly inspired by this.